Getting the most out of your rubber wear
It’s normal for your rubber wear to arrive looking dull, in order to achieve a deep shine and prolong the life of your rubber wear we recommend that you follow the advice below.
- Apply talcum powder or one of the available dressing aids available from the site on the inside of your garment or directly to your skin before attempting to put it on. Vividress or Pjur dressing aid is perfect to assist you into your latex garment.
- Wipe off any excess talc on the outside of the garment with a clean damp cloth, rinse cloth and repeat process until all the talcum powder has been removed. If using Vividress or Pjur rub any excess over the garment, either using your hands or buff up with a soft damp cloth or sponge.
- To make your rubber shine we recommend the use of Vivishine and Pjur Ultra Spray all are available from our website.
- After wearing your garment we recommend you rinse it using warm water and a little detergent, we also stock, Viviclean a special detergent which is ideal for sanitising your rubber wear. Always allow your garment to completely dry before storing away.
- To avoid fading and bleaching, store your garments away from heat and direct sunlight.
- Never use oil based products, as they will destroy the latex.
- Light colours and semi transparent latex can sometimes mark if they come into contact with some metals, i.e. coins etc... Always avoid wearing any metals when possible.
- To stop accidental damage to your rubber wear, avoid things that could cause it to snag, i.e. sharp finger, toenails and jewellery. We can repair most items that may have been damaged in this way, contact us for more information.